Sunday, October 19, 2008

Today I am making buns. I am not making just any buns, I am making Saskatchewan buns (or so I hope!)

True to the time honored Saskatchewan tradition of eyeballing, my mom sent me a recipe that had no measurements for flour, and the simple instructions of 'alternate flour and milk until it's sticky'.

Of course the recipe is going to yield enough buns to feed several familes, and there is no way on earth I have a bowl big enough to fit all of that dough. I had to take half of it out of one bowl, put it into another, and struggle to mix this stuff.

I am sure there are hard parts within the dough. Sort of chunky dough bits that didn't get mixed.

I am also sure I forgot the salt and had to sprinkle it in when I was punching it down.

Do you think the salt was to taste or had some sort of participatory role in the development of the buns?

I'll be posting pictures of the buns as they rise (if they rise).

My thought of the day? Should I have another baby? Am I nuts to even consider this given the past year of my life?

No comments: