Sunday, February 8, 2009

Distracted

It's so difficult to actually get any work done when you lack focus the way I do!!  I don't know what is wrong with me, it's so difficult to sit down and actually concentrate enough to write an article about children's festivals or outdoor event businesses.  If I could bang my head against the computer I would, but it would break in half! lol

I had a weird dream last night.  I dreamt my husband was a crack head. lol  He kept locking himself up in a room with other people and doing drugs.  I took the kids and went to Grandma's house I think, but when I woke up I was thinking that life isn't really all that bad.  Clearly, in my dreams, it was worse!  

The house we live in is way too small for us.  If we asked the people in the basement to move out, we'd get that space back, but it's so cut off from the rest of the house that I wouldn't put a kid down there for sleeping.   So we are stuck up on the top floor, with bedrooms and all, and it's getting more and more difficult to ignore that there is no where to go for quiet in this house.  It's been really bothering me lately.  This isn't the best time to sell or move.  To get what we need, it is still ridiculously expensive and I'd need to get a job.  Unfortunately, I can't get a job right now giving the baby and all, so I will just have to organize better and make some room.   It's so funny though, this house looks huge from the street, but we live in about 1000 square feet total. The rest is basement suite and office.  I'm ready to go sleep in the yard. 

Baby is a squiggly little worm, and it's fun to feel him moving around.  The lady across the street is pregnant too, and it is hilarious to watch them buy all of this baby stuff. When they ask me if I'm prepping a baby's room, I just laugh.  Really, where will that room be? My closet?  I will set up the bassinet and get the clothes out in June, but that's as far as  I will go until after he is born.  I am reminded of parents who put their kids in drawers to sleep.  

My grandma had 13 kids.  Although they really did have a massive old farm house, I am wondering exactly where she put them all? I heard rumors of babies sleeping behind the stove to keep warm.  I have adopted a policy of 'don't ask' with my mom.  It makes me cringe to think of what those helpless babies went through.  She grew up sort of detached & distant from people, so I guess you can chalk one up for Freud and his attachment theories.  

I'm going to purge my closets.  I had no intention of doing that this morning, but I really can't focus on writing today.

No comments: